Would you like the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company or are you looking for a challenge and to progress your career?
ICL currently has the following vacancies:
- Fibre Splicer & Testers
- Cable Technicians
- Telecoms Surveyor (Self-Employed) – UK
Fibre Optic Splicers & Cable Technicians (All Areas)
Fibre Optic Splicers and Cable Technicians are required to undertake the following works at various locations throughout the Republic of Ireland:
- fusion and mechanical splicing & testing of fibre
- installation of fibre cable into duct / sub-duct systems either manually or through blown installation
- must be able to:
- deliver a quality service as specified by our clients
- liaise with customers in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
- complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and;
- report back to the Head Office & Supervisor / Project Manager in charge of works
- All candidates must have a valid Safe Pass
- The Fibre Optic Splicer will preferably have:
- previous experience working with ribbon fibre (not essential but would be an advantage) and will have worked with multi and single mode fibre.
- City & Guilds Certification in Fibre Installation & Testing, or equivalent, is expected from successful candidates.
- previous, proven experience and knowledge of using OTDRs, fibre scopes, ILM and ORL testing equipment (testing to various wave lengths)
- Cable Technicians will preferably have:
- experience in installation of underground cable
- experience in reading read understanding Legends, Diagrams, and Schematic Designs
- Manual Handling
- Be able to carry out Traffic Management (Sign, Lighting & Guarding)
- Be fully conversant with daily Construction Site Safety Practices
- Experience in working on fibre projects
- Experience of following design schematics and management direction
- Ability to maintain and interpret records of daily work logs, data recordings and network design maps.
- Ability to adhere to strict Health & Safety Guidelines
- Ability to perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fibre splicing and testing
40 hour week + overtime (as requested)
Remuneration: Dependent on experience
Due to expansion and growth in the UK, we have opportunities available for experienced Network / Field Surveyors.
The ideal candidate will have a background telecoms and previous experience of the following:
- surveying both underground and overhead fibre networks
- previous experience in telecoms (cabling & civils, FTTH or similar networks)
- identification of Special Engineering Difficulties & Risks
- completing site-specific risk assessments
- updating field survey information on handheld device (previous experience using similar systems would be highly advantageous)
- a high standard of attention to detail
The role is field based (covering all areas across the UK) conducting surveys in line with client specifications. In this role, you will be required to travel to survey locations however, accommodation is paid for by the company when staying away. Weekend work may also be required on occasion.
- BT Openreach or Virgin Media experience
- SA001 – Safety Overhead
- SA002 – Safety Underground
- S5 – PIA Pole Survey
- S6 – PIA Duct Survey
- CSCS Card
- Street Works Card
- Manual Handling
- Full driving license
Salary: Dependent on experience. This is a self-employed role.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org