CAREERS WITH ICL
Would you like the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company or are you looking for a challenge and to progress your career?
ICL currently has the following vacancies:
- Project Manager/Operations Manager (please see job description below)
- Wayleaver / Access Officer (Limerick / Cork / Munster Area)
- Fibre Splicer & Testers
- Cable Technicians
Project Manager/Operations Manager
Project Manager/Operations Manager
|Purpose of the Job
Responsible for managing specific projects within the Operations Department, ensuring projects are on time, of high quality standards and within budget.
Ensure all projects adhere to company rules including operation practices, quality, human resources practices and health and safety.
The Project Manager/Operations Manager is a member of the Operations Team reporting to the Managing Director/Chief Financial Officer.
The Project Manager/Operations Manager is responsible for managing projects through to the Supervisors and Crews.
|Key Result Areas
- Preparing project plans as required.
- Must ensure all work in progress is captured and recorded.
- Ensuring all work in progress has been invoiced and paid on a weekly basis
- Manage projects to time, cost and customer requirements; provide reports to MD/CFO on project as necessary.
- To ensure client documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner to maximise cost charged to the client and cash flow to the company.
- Attend customer meetings as required to monitor and review progress and service levels.
- Ensure all Quality and Health & Safety processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Advise and communicate with customers on operational and technical issues.
- To ensure resources are appropriate for project size and can deliver to project plans.
- To prioritise project targets and objectives ensuring project plan / strategy is delivered.
- To build a strong competent team to deliver against targets and objectives.
- To support, motivate and empower supervisors to deliver against Company targets and objectives through clear guidance, management, delegation and coaching.
- Authorise timesheets and agree payroll information, ensuring accuracy and data given in a timely manner.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with staff issues.
- To work on an ongoing basis to continually improve HR processes within project areas.
- Recruit employees in conjunction with the HR & Training Manager, ensuring that all documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective induction of new staff in conjunction with the HR & Training Manager, ensuring that all documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
- Actively support the appraisal process: ensuring appraisals take place and all documents are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that annual leave is monitored and approved so that operational needs are met.
- Ensure annual leave is taken in a timely manner and not carried over.
- Provide internal / external summary information as required.
- Monitor sickness levels & ensure return to work interviews are carried out.
- Ensure correct equipment and tools are available to meet project requirements.
- Ensure health and safety and quality audits are carried out and documentation and actions are completed at the relevant time.
- To develop commercial skills to support current business and new business development.
- To manage budgets for projects ensuring financial targets are achieved.
- To comply with Company policies.
- To fulfil H & S responsibilities, adhering to the Company’s H & S policies and processes as may be updated from time to time.
- To support and practice the Company’s quality policy and work statements.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Company
Project Manager / Operations Manager
|Qualifications & Experience
- B.A of Science in Telecoms or similar (telecoms networks, FTTH Networks, Planning, Building and Testing Telecoms Networks) – (preferable but not essential)
- Extensive project management experience. Prince 2 or similar desirable
- Previous experience of managing large teams of remote working essential, training skills and efficient in staff disciplinary
- Resource Planning
- Production of Processes and Controls
- Previous experience of managing budgets essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Quality Assurance Experience
- Health & Safety Knowledge
- Good Reporting Skills
- Fibre Optics Technical Skills
- High level of IT literacy in particular but not restricted to hand held devices,
- MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, Databases
Please send your CV and Cover Letter outlining the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org