CAREERS WITH ICL
Would you like the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company or are you looking for a challenge and to progress your career?
ICL currently has the following vacancies:
- Wayleaver / Access Officer (Limerick / Cork / Munster Area)
- Fibre Splicer & Testers
- Cable Technicians
|Wayleave / Access Officer (Munster Area)
|Wayleave / Access Officer required as soon as possible for the Cork area but candidate must have flexibility to travel throughout the Munster area.
The nature of the work is to gain permission from householders / businesses to allow cable or equipment to be installed in close proximity to their property.
- 2 years’ experience preferred but not essential
- Full clean driving licence (vehicle will be provided).
- Safe Pass & Manual Handling required.
- 40 hour week
- Remuneration: Dependent on experience / negotiable
Please send CV to email@example.com including current salary details.
Fibre Optic Splicers & Cable Technicians (All Areas)
Fibre Optic Splicers and Cable Technicians are required to undertake the following works at various locations throughout the Republic of Ireland:
- fusion and mechanical splicing & testing of fibre
- installation of fibre cable into duct / sub-duct systems either manually or through blown installation
- must be able to:
- deliver a quality service as specified by our clients
- liaise with customers in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
- complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and;
- report back to the Head Office & Supervisor / Project Manager in charge of works
- All candidates must have a valid Safe Pass
- The Fibre Optic Splicer will preferably have:
- previous experience working with ribbon fibre (not essential but would be an advantage) and will have worked with multi and single mode fibre.
- City & Guilds Certification in Fibre Installation & Testing, or equivalent, is expected from successful candidates.
- previous, proven experience and knowledge of using OTDRs, fibre scopes, ILM and ORL testing equipment (testing to various wave lengths)
- Cable Technicians will preferably have:
- experience in installation of underground cable
- experience in reading read understanding Legends, Diagrams, and Schematic Designs
- Manual Handling
- Be able to carry out Traffic Management (Sign, Lighting & Guarding)
- Be fully conversant with daily Construction Site Safety Practices
- Experience in working on fibre projects
- Experience of following design schematics and management direction
- Ability to maintain and interpret records of daily work logs, data recordings and network design maps.
- Ability to adhere to strict Health & Safety Guidelines
- Ability to perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fibre splicing and testing
40 hour week + overtime (as requested)
Remuneration: Dependent on experience