Would you like the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company or are you looking for a challenge and to progress your career?
ICL currently has the following vacancies:
- Fibre Splicer & Testers
- Cable Technicians
- Part-Time Stores Assistant
Fibre Optic Splicers & Cable Technicians (All Areas)
Fibre Optic Splicers and Cable Technicians are required to undertake the following works at various locations throughout the Republic of Ireland:
- fusion and mechanical splicing & testing of fibre
- installation of fibre cable into duct / sub-duct systems either manually or through blown installation
- must be able to:
- deliver a quality service as specified by our clients
- liaise with customers in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
- complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and;
- report back to the Head Office & Supervisor / Project Manager in charge of works
- All candidates must have a valid Safe Pass
- The Fibre Optic Splicer will preferably have:
- previous experience working with ribbon fibre (not essential but would be an advantage) and will have worked with multi and single mode fibre.
- City & Guilds Certification in Fibre Installation & Testing, or equivalent, is expected from successful candidates.
- previous, proven experience and knowledge of using OTDRs, fibre scopes, ILM and ORL testing equipment (testing to various wave lengths)
- Cable Technicians will preferably have:
- experience in installation of underground cable
- experience in reading read understanding Legends, Diagrams, and Schematic Designs
- Manual Handling
- Be able to carry out Traffic Management (Sign, Lighting & Guarding)
- Be fully conversant with daily Construction Site Safety Practices
- Experience in working on fibre projects
- Experience of following design schematics and management direction
- Ability to maintain and interpret records of daily work logs, data recordings and network design maps.
- Ability to adhere to strict Health & Safety Guidelines
- Ability to perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fibre splicing and testing
40 hour week + overtime (as requested)
Remuneration: Dependent on experience
Part-Time Stores Assistant
The part-time Stores Assistant will be responsible for providing a professional, efficient and timely Stores service to employees; complying with all controls in place for accurate and timely movement of stock in and out of the Stores location. They will also be required to fully contribute as part of the Stores team to ensure all tasks and duties are completed in accordance with Stores / Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain company equipment in an appropriate and orderly manner.
- Ensure sufficient stock and equipment is carried in order to meet project requirements.
- Issue stock, tools, uniforms & equipment (picking of orders) in a timely manner as well as completing all necessary paperwork.
- Receive goods inwards and accurately check delivery dockets and quality against goods.
- Arrange returns as required.
- Reconciliation of stock as required.
- Delivery of stock to sites as per project requirements.
- Control of stock in the warehouse and keeping Stores Manager updated re new stock orders.
- General housekeeping and up-keep of the stores area and yard.
- Operate any Stores machinery / equipment as necessary.
- Assist with bringing vehicles to CVRT / maintenance appointments.
- Liaise with colleagues / other employees in a productive manner, sharing information and knowledge to benefit each other and the business.
- Carry out any tasks as required / assigned by the Stores Manager.
- Comply with Company policies.
- Fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities, adhering to the Company’s Health & Safety policies and processes as may be updated from time to time.
- Support/practice the Company’s quality policy and work statements.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Company.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Work well within a team environment and can be counted on to deliver against assigned tasks.
- Accepts ownership and responsibility for tasks within a team environment.
- Is able to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
- Has a positive attitude to work.
- Remains calm and professional at all times.
- Handles work pressure positively and effectively.
- Interacts with colleagues in a co-operative, professional manner.
- Communicate openly and professionally with colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working in a Stores department
- Be able to comply with all Company stores work practices, processes and systems.
- Be able to provide a professional, courteous and efficient Stores service at all times.
- Be able to complete Stores responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Experience and ability to fully use MS word & Excel
- Must have experience of and be able to undertake strenuous manual work.
- Must have experience of and be able to work safely at heights.
- Must be able to read and understand Health & Safety rules and follow Health & Safety directions.
- Experience of working in a team & supporting colleagues
- Experience of using own initiative
- Ability to deal with routine tasks; ensuring tasks are completed accurately and promptly.
- Experience of completing paperwork and documentation accurately.
- Must be able to work extra hours as requested / necessary.
- Safe Pass
- Manual Handling
- Full Driver’s Licence
- Forklift licence
20 hour week
Remuneration: Dependent on experience